Agile Transformation Coach & Consultant
Our mission at Scrum Inc. is to fundamentally change the way the world gets work done. We provide training, consulting, and coaching to help companies create more productive and happier workplaces. Our clients range from start-ups to Fortune 50 companies who use Scrum to reinvent the way they deliver products, shape their organization, and drive stakeholder value.
An Agile Transformation Coach & Consultant helps organizations train teams, launch teams, and optimize their Scrum. You are a veteran Scrum practitioner. You have successfully coached teams across numerous organizations. You can coach any team in any industry through their toughest Scrum challenges whether they are new to Scrum or an established team. You know a variety of Scrum Patterns and practices that can help any team reach a hyper-productive state. This role will start as a contracted position with the intent to hire as our business grows.
Interested in this job?
- A mindset consistent with the Scrum Core Values: openness, courage, respect, focus, commitment
- Agile sense – you use deep thinking and collaboration to help solve complex problems at both the team and multi-team levels
- Deep team relationship building skills that enable transparent conversations and vision sharing
- Strong presentation skills and you can explain anything to anyone.
- Fun getting your hands dirty and attacking impediments head-on whether they are interpersonal or organizational.
- The ability to contribute to learnings through blogs, white papers, and videos
- Knowledge and energy to co-train Scrum classes of up to 50 people for 2-4 days
- Demonstrated the skill to coach and advise Scrum Masters and Team Coaches
- A keen ability assess and provide effective feedback to coaches
- A depth of experience so you can use narratives to answer the “why” behind key concepts
- A clear understanding of what makes coaches and coaching effective
- Freedom to travel post-COVID, including internationally, sometimes up to 90% but with most weekends at home. Currently, all of our engagements are being held virtually.
- You are inspired and inspiring, strive to be fearless, and you love to enable those around you to succeed
- Opportunities to work with the best most experienced Scrum teams on the planet at the company led by Dr. Jeff Sutherland, the co-creator of Scrum
- Training for you to gain several Scrum credentials you don’t already have, including Scrum Trainer and Agile Coach – plus strong mentorship and opportunities to ensure your growth never ends
- Interesting global clients with complex problems who need our help to mobilize and disrupt
- Generous pay and benefits (health, dental, vacation, retirement, etc.), professional development opportunities and company-based profit sharing
- Awesome team members who care about each other
What we would do together:
- Affect change while bringing real Scrum to the world, not just in America and not just in software
- Stamp out bad Scrum and help organizations deliver more value at a faster pace
- Transform some of the most influential and innovative organizations in the world
- Make the world a happier place by bringing a sustainable pace back to our customers
- Be active leaders in the global Scrum community
Sound like fun?
Scrum, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to diversity. Our goal as a company is to help the entire world work better across cultures, countries, and industries. As a company we believe that creating an open and inclusive environment that is welcoming to all is a key to achieving that goal.