Scrums Master – Scrum Team Coach
About the Job
We are looking for an experienced Scrum Master, Team Coach, and operational leader for a team in our Education business unit. In this role, you will work hand-in-hand with the team, the Scrum of Scrums, Product Owners, and customers to ensure our operational strategy serves our mission. This position is remote but based on client and team needs some travel is expected.
Your primary goal is to support the team, enabling them to rapidly deliver value to their customers. To do that, you seek global excellence over local optimization. While your primary focus will be on a team within our organization, your vision encompasses the interlocking system of systems that is Scrum Inc.
Interested in this job?
Send us your resume and a cover letter.
As a Scrum Master, from a team perspective, you are accountable for ensuring healthy team dynamics and collaboration. The success of your team will rely on timely feedback loops that you will facilitate. As Scrum Master, you will be a conduit for knowledge radiation and impediment removal. You are the guardian of our process compliance at the team level and will closely collaborate with the Scrum of Scrums to systematically improve our process, events, pattern adoption, etc. You will help with the professional development of our people and work with the Scrum of Scrums to design and implement our process for aligning value contribution to compensation. At the end of the day, you are accountable for how effectively and happily your team operates.
The Scrum Values are the cornerstone of our culture. You lead the organization to embody those values. With your guidance, conflict is productive, expectations are clear, and feedback is timely.
In sum, you are a leader who serves the people, the team, and the company through guiding and supporting continuous improvement.
- Empowering leadership skills that will impact our culture for the better. You are adept at building trust and consensus.
- A relentless, authentic positivity that allows you and those around you to overcome challenges that may seem insurmountable.
- The self-motivation to resolve or escalate inter-team personnel issues. You proactively address unhealthy conflict. You actively develop a deep. understanding of the team’s chemistry and personal dynamics so that you can help foster healthy conflict.
- The willingness to get your hands dirty and directly handle a variety of issues no matter how menial or unpleasant.
- The ability to drive key financial processes and make their impact on the business visible.
- Ownership of the professional development process for team members. You educate individuals about our growth progression and facilitate planning. With the Product Owner, you ensure opportunities are prioritized and distributed equitably across the team.
- The ability to build high-performing teams from individuals with very advanced Agile knowledge and to develop and test the right metrics to increase happiness and productivity. You drive continuous improvement.
- An attitude of accountability and transparency.
- The mindset of a change agent. You can drive the systematic improvement of the organization in service of our goals.
- A strong commitment to continue challenging yourself to learn and grow.
- 3+ years of Scrum Master experience and/or people operations experience in an Agile context, including understanding and practicing agility to support the Product Owner in effective Product Backlog management, support the Developers to execute the Scrum framework, and support the organization to do good Scrum and scale good Scrum.
- Deep and tested facilitation skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate at any level in the organization.
- Insatiable desire to coach individuals, teams, and the organization. You maintain and build a vast set of coaching skills and techniques to address; performance, conflict, team dynamics, process, psychological safety, and motivation.
- Commitment to advancing our diversity, equity, and inclusion practices.
- Opportunities to work with the most experienced Scrum teams on the planet at the company led by Dr. Jeff Sutherland, the co-creator of Scrum
- A community of intelligent, caring, and adventurous team members from diverse backgrounds
- A culture that values humans as humans, not resources
- This is a key role in a company that is growing rapidly. You will have the opportunity to be a key influencer in how we scale scrum from an operational and management perspective.
- We are a fast-growing, ambitious, and mission-driven company. Nothing is set in stone and anything is possible.
- This role will have a seat at the table deciding the operational strategy of the company.
- Competitive pay and generous benefits (health, dental, unlimited vacation, retirement, etc.), professional development opportunities and company-based profit sharing.
What we will do together:
- Have a global impact as we iterate towards a humane, ethical, innovative, and creative world-spanning organization.
- Systematically improve our people, our operations, and our culture.
- Bring together a team that is aligned, purposeful, and able to execute.
- Recruit, onboard, and grow new and existing talent on our teams.
- Maintain a truly Agile culture at scale.
- Develop strong information radiation channels that enable connectivity between the team, the business unit, and the organization
- Partner with Product Owners and Scrum of Scrums to achieve the goals of Scrum Inc. more efficiently.
- Prepare and support individuals and teams to adjust to the challenges of growth and scale.
- Facilitate and coach teams through Scrum and Scaled Scrum events.
- Pair with, collaborate with, and coach other Scrum Masters/Scrum Team Coaches
- Support the professional development of team members within the business unit including implementing performance improvement plans when needed
- Measure the effectiveness of new processes so that we sustain only those that deliver the desired outcomes
About Scrum Inc.’s Academy Team
We prepare individuals to drive how companies adapt to the increasing rate of change. We do this by partnering with industry to understand how the increasing rate of change impacts what is needed from the agile professional and enterprise. We then rapidly update our current offerings and release new educational experiences, content, support tools, and resources that evolve the agile professional. Our course offerings are geared for agile professionals at all stages of their Scrum journey. We specialize in preparing individuals outside of the IT space to apply and leverage Scrum in their environments.
About Scrum Inc.’s Education Business Unit
We incubate new curriculum to meet the needs of industry and then ensure maximum impact and access by distributing that curriculum through our network of Agile Education Trainers. We accomplish this through two fundamental value streams: teaching courses to professionals and professional credentialing.
About Scrum Inc.
Our mission at Scrum Inc. is threefold: to fundamentally change the way the world works, to continue the evolution of Scrum, and be a model for how work should be. Our clients range from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies who use Scrum to reinvent the way they deliver products, shape their organization, and drive stakeholder value.
At Scrum Inc., we give our clients the ability to get results and drive performance at speeds they never thought possible. We give them the tools to be able to deliver twice the value in half the time. And with every client we work with, we learn something about how Scrum fundamentally changes their way of working.
We use that knowledge to evolve Scrum and advance Agile practices around the globe. We do this in various ways such as training, consulting, coaching, and credentialing, but also through online courses, articles, books, and videos. Through our thought leadership, we create productive and happy workplaces throughout the world.
Scrum, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to diversity. Our goal as a company is to help the entire world work better across cultures, countries, and industries. As a company, we believe that creating an open and inclusive environment that is welcoming to all is a key to achieving that goal.