Scrum of Scrums Master
Business Unit Operations Leader
About the Job
We are looking for someone inspired to lead the people & operations side of our Education Business unit. In this role, you will work hand-in-hand with team-level scrum masters to ensure our operational strategy serves our mission. This position is 100% remote but as conditions change there will be some travel expected.
Your primary goal is the rapid delivery of value to our customers. To do that, you seek not for local optimization but global excellence. While your primary focus is the Education BU, your vision encompasses the interlocking system of systems that is Scrum Inc.
As a leader of people operations, you are accountable for the totality of our employee experience. From initial interview to departure you design the journey, set expectations, and hold people accountable for meeting them. You will orchestrate the professional development of our people and lead our process for aligning value contribution to compensation. At the end of the day, you are accountable for coaching people into, through, and out of the organization.
The Scrum Values are the cornerstone of our culture. You lead the organization to better embody those values when we stumble. With your guidance conflict is productive, expectations are clear, and feedback is timely.
In sum, you are a leader who serves the people, the teams, and the company by continuously making us better.
Interested in this job?
Send us your resume and a cover letter.
- The leadership skill to powerfully impact our culture for the better. You are adept at building trust and consensus.
- The confidence and decisiveness to make effective decisions in complex situations.
- A relentless positivity that allows you and those around you to overcome challenges that may seem insurmountable.
- Conflict resolution skills including empathy and radical candor (Caring Personally while Challenging Directly).
- The self-motivation to identify and fix problems, no matter how big, without being told, and the willingness to get your hands dirty and directly handle issues no matter how menial or unpleasant.
- Experience in leading a scaled Scrum structure and a deep understanding of the agile mindset and approach.
- The mindset, passion, and ambition to build the capabilities of those around you.
- The ability to build high-performing teams from individuals.
- An attitude of accountability.
- An entrepreneurial mindset.
- A strong commitment to continually challenging yourself to learn and grow.
- Five years management or executive experience in an Agile context.
- Experience as a mandatory reporter and the ability to ensure our employment practices and policies meet all regulatory requirements.
Opportunities to work with the most experienced Scrum teams on the planet at the company led by Dr. Jeff Sutherland, the co-creator of Scrum
- A community of intelligent, caring, and adventurous team members from diverse backgrounds.
- A culture that values humans as humans, not resources.
- This is a key role in a company that is growing rapidly. You will have the opportunity to be a key influencer in how we scale scrum from an operational and management perspective.
- We are a fast-growing, ambitious, and mission-driven company. Nothing is set in stone and anything is possible.
- This role will have a seat at the table deciding the operational strategy of the company.
- Competitive pay and generous benefits (health, dental, unlimited vacation, retirement, etc.), and professional development opportunities.
What we will do together:
- Have a global impact as we iterate towards a humane, ethical, innovative, and creative world-spanning organization.
- Systematically improve our people, our operations, and our culture.
- Bring together a Team of Teams that is aligned, purposeful, and able to execute.
- Create a scaled scrum organization that answers the question: how does people ops fit in?
- Maintain a truly Agile culture at scale.
- Partner with the Executive Action Team (EAT) to achieve the goals of Scrum Inc. more efficiently.
- Increase the internal visibility of what the Education Business Unit is doing to increase collaboration and reduce duplication of effort.
- Prepare and support individuals and teams to adjust to the challenges of growth and scale.
- Facilitate and coach teams through scaled events.
- Mentor and coach other Scrum Masters/Scrum Team Leads
- Support the professional development of team members within the business unit including implementing performance improvement plans when needed.
- Onboard and off-board employees.
- Measure the effectiveness of new processes so that we sustain only those that deliver the desired outcomes.
About Scrum Inc.’s Education Business
We incubate new curriculum to meet the needs of industry and then ensure maximum impact and access by distributing that curriculum through our network of Agile Education Trainers. We accomplish this through two fundamental value streams: teaching courses to professionals and professional credentialing.
About Scrum Inc.
Our mission at Scrum Inc. is three fold: to fundamentally change the way the world works, to continue the evolution of scrum, and be a model for how work should be. Our clients range from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies who use Scrum to reinvent the way they deliver products, shape their organization, and drive stakeholder value.
At Scrum Inc., we give our clients the ability to get results and drive performance at speeds they never thought possible. We give them the tools to be able to deliver twice the work in half the time. And with every client we work with, we learn something about how Scrum fundamentally changes their way of working.
We use that knowledge to evolve scrum and advance agile practices around the globe. We do this in various ways such as training, consulting, and credentialing, but also through online courses, articles, books, and videos. Through our thought leadership we create productive and happy workplaces throughout the world.
Scrum, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to diversity. Our goal as a company is to help the entire world work better across cultures, countries, and industries. As a company, we believe that creating an open and inclusive environment that is welcoming to all is a key to achieving that goal.