Product Backlog Items (PBI)
Product Backlog Items (PBIs) are the elements that make up the Product Backlog.
Estimated time for this course: 5 minutes
Suggested Prerequisites: Scrum Framework
Upon Completion you will:
- Know what kinds of items can be found in a Backlog
- Have a checklist for creating a Product Backlog Item
Product Backlog Item Overview:
- Description: What the goal of the PBI is.
- Value: the Business Value of the PBI as determined by the Product Owner.
- Estimate: the Team needs to estimate the relative effort it will take to move the PBI to Done.
- Order: The Product Owner needs to prioritize PBIs by their relative value.
Together these qualities make up the Definition of Ready. Having a ready Backlog can double a Team's Velocity. Ideally, PBIs reflect the needs of customers or stakeholders. A common way to incorporate the end users' needs is to write the PBI in the form of a User Story.
Scrum Startup for Teams
Scrum Startup for Teams is the best way to learn Scrum online. The course teaches the fundamental knowledge you need to successfully begin working on a Scrum Team or interacting with Scrum Teams. Earn your Licensed Scrum Team Member credential in as little as one day.