E-Learning Instructional Designer & Developer (remote)
Our mission at Scrum Inc. is to fundamentally change the way the world gets work done. We provide training, consulting, and coaching to help companies create more productive and happier workplaces. Our clients range from start-ups to Fortune 50 companies who use Scrum to reinvent the way they deliver products, shape their organization, and drive stakeholder value.
Interested in this job?
Please apply via our Linkedin job posting and complete our brief questionnaire.
We are in the early stage of establishing an on-demand learning solution to help organizations upskill, reskill, and onboard employees as they transform the way they work. We are looking for an Instructional Designer / Developer to work closely with our internal teams to adapt components of our in-person/virtual training into high-quality, self-paced, OnDemand learning content.
Currently, we have OnDemand content that primarily consists of videos, infographics, motions graphics, and quizzes. Our trainers and consultants travel the world teaching classes, giving speeches, and coaching teams every day, so we have endless audio content and curriculum sources to distill. We seek someone who can help us transform our existing raw content and create new materials for our OnDemand Learning library that is engaging, professional, informative and fun.
- A mindset consistent with the Scrum Core Values: openness, courage, respect, focus, commitment
- Minimum 5 of professional experience designing and developing quality online courses and materials that incorporate Instructional Design Theory & Adult Learning Principles
- Expertise with learning, development, and design software such as Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience creating graphics to support and enhance learning content
- Thoughtful, visual communication skills
- Ability to write well and speak articulately (you can explain anything to anyone)
- Ability to prioritize and work well under pressure
- Comprehensive understanding of current learning methodologies and content creation tools
- Video editing and publishing skills
- A bias for action and navigating ambiguity
- A need for speed
- The ability to make tradeoffs clear
- Willingness to try new things, fail fast and iterate
- A drive to build something inspiring and lasting
- Ability and desire to travel occasionally (10-15%) to shoot videos for e-learning content
- Authorization and eligibility to work in the U.S without sponsorship
- Opportunities to work with the best, most experienced Scrum teams on the planet at the company led by Dr. Jeff Sutherland, the co-creator of Scrum
- Fantastic colleagues who care about each other and the culture we’re co-creating
- Training for you to deepen your Scrum knowledge and background plus strong mentorship and opportunities to ensure your growth never ends
- Interesting global clients with complex problems who need our help to upskill, mobilize, and disrupt
- Generous pay and benefits (health, dental, vacation, retirement, and more), professional development opportunities, and company-based profit sharing
- Remote work: we work from everywhere and anywhere with numerous company gathering throughout the year to come together
What we will do together:
- Produce engaging OnDemand micro-lessons and learning paths that help organizations upskill, reskill, and onboard employees as they transform the way they work
- Work together to build the world’s best OnDemand Scrum/Agile training experience over the coming years
- Review the current product offerings and recommend ways to improve the offerings.
- Deliver inspiring, engaging, and evidence-based courses for our customers
- Plan, design, write, develop, and edit online learning materials and content
- Assess learning needs and the audience, and analyze existing instructional materials to develop OnDemand content that consists of videos, graphics, motion graphics, infographics, interactive elements, and the like
- Work with subject matter experts (SMEs) to develop OnDemand learning using adult learning principles to enhance the learning experience
- Conceptualize and develop evaluation measures, including knowledge checks, course evaluations, simulations, and tests
- Identify tools and solutions to accelerate content creation and delivery
Scrum, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to diversity. Our goal as a company is to help the entire world work better across cultures, countries, and industries. As a company, we believe that creating an open and inclusive environment that is welcoming to all is a key to achieving that goal