Digital Program Coordinator & Scrum Team Member (remote)
Our mission at Scrum Inc. is to fundamentally change the way the world gets work done. We provide training, consulting, professional upskilling, and coaching to help companies create more productive and happier workplaces. Our customers range from individuals to start-ups to Fortune 50 companies who use Scrum to reinvent the way they deliver products, shape their organization, and drive stakeholder value.
Scrum Inc.’s Webside team is looking for a cross-functional team member to help support our education and professional credentialing program. Our ideal candidate is a tech-savvy, critical thinker who is highly collaborative, comfortable with social media marketing, and above all, customer-centered. If you have at least 3 years of demonstrable experience as a can-do problem solver with a high level of emotional intelligence and the technology and communication skills to match, you might be the unicorn we’re looking for.
In this role, your day to day will include customer support of tech and non-tech issues, responding to customer inquiries, growing brand awareness and building community via our social media channels, pairing with the director of the program to review trainer applications, writing web copy, updating web pages, and pairing with our lead developer to build up your coding skills. You will be part program coordinator, part digital community manager, part customer success specialist, and part web producer.
Interested in this job?
Send us your resume and a cover letter.
High Collaborative Energy:
- Your mindset is consistent with the Scrum Core Values: openness, courage, respect, focus, commitment.
- You communicate well and can explain anything to anyone. Extra credit if you have public speaking or stage experience!
- You are inspired and inspiring, strive to be fearless, and you love to help those around you succeed.
An Insatiable Curiosity:
- You seek to understand the “why” and the “how” of the world around you.
- Critical thinking is your natural state of mind. You take an analytical approach to problem-solving.
- You think it’s fun to get your hands dirty and attack problems head-on whether they are interpersonal, technological, or organizational.
An Eye for Opportunity:
- You are customer-focused and fearless about starting the conversation.
- You are decisive — even in circumstances with limited information.
- You don’t wait for someone to ask you to do something — you see the problem and try to solve it.
- Bonus points if you are fluent in a language other than English.
Preferred Skills and Experience :
- Web production
- Social media marketing
- Community building
- Customer support
- Familiarity with agile product development
- Experience in Customer Success, Customer Support, Web Production, Social Media Marketing, Training Programs, Product Management, or Professional Development is valuable.
- Opportunities to work with the most experienced Scrum teams and subject matter experts on the planet at the company founded by Dr. Jeff Sutherland, the co-creator of Scrum.
- Training for you to gain several Scrum credentials – Scrum Master, Scrum Product Owner and Scrum@Scale Practitioner – plus strong mentorship and opportunities to ensure your growth never ends.
- Interesting global clients and potential customers with complex problems who need our help to mobilize and disrupt.
- Opportunities for career growth, career exploration, and mentoring.
- A work environment that combines the best aspects of collaboration and autonomy.
- Generous pay and benefits (health, dental, vacation, retirement, etc.), professional development opportunities and company-based profit sharing.
- A great culture and awesome team members who care about each other.
How we work:
- We do Scrum. We strive to live the Scrum values and to continuously improve as individuals, as teams and as a company. If you don’t know Scrum, we will train you.
- We work from anywhere and everywhere. Our website team consists of 3 people in 3 different states. Our main office is in Boston, but you are welcome to work from home, or in the office as you like.
- We work collaboratively. We encourage pairing and knowledge sharing via tools like Zoom, SalesForce, and Slack.
- We value happiness. We view the happiness of our team members as the primary leading indicator of team performance and prioritize it accordingly.
What’s Unique About Our Hiring Process:
- If you’re a top candidate, we’ll want to work with you as a paid contractor on a small project over the course of a single sprint (one week).
- If that goes well, we’ll make you an offer to join our team as a full-time employee so that we can work together to support our customers, grow awareness of our products, improve our digital presence, and fundamentally improve the way the world works.
Scrum, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to diversity. Our goal as a company is to help the entire world work better across cultures, countries, and industries. As a company, we believe that creating an open and inclusive environment that is welcoming to all is key to achieving that goal.