Digital Learning Product Owner
Our mission at Scrum Inc. is to fundamentally change the way the world gets work done. We provide training, consulting, and coaching to help companies create more productive and happier workplaces. Our clients range from start-ups to Fortune 50 companies who use Scrum to reinvent the way they deliver products, shape their organization, and drive stakeholder value.
We are looking for a Product Owner to lead and expand the impact of our digital learning product, Scrum Startup for Teams, and develop/co-develop future digital learning products. Ideally, you have a proven track record of leading, collaborating, and innovating with a small team. You have a strong business sense and can base decisions off of financial patterns, market feedback, and user feedback. You have experience leading and communicating at all levels of an organization. If you’re passionate about making a positive impact on the world of work, read on.
Interested in this job?
Send us your resume and a cover letter.
- Minimum 3 years experience as a Product Owner or Product Manager defining the strategy and release plan for a product or set of products in an agile environment
- A mindset consistent with the Scrum Values: openness, courage, respect, focus, commitment
- You have experience in online learning, content development, UX, instructional design or a related field or domain
- Passion for crafting and communicating a compelling product vision through all levels of an organization
- Experience with the full product lifecycle, from concepting and product discovery to product launch and ongoing innovation to optimize for product/market fit
- The know-how to measure what matters – you start experiments testing a clear hypothesis or objective and you know how you will measure success before initiating the work to be done
- An entrepreneurial spirit and the skills to make things happen
- Vision, high energy, and a love of collaboration
- Strong leadership and business development skills
- An obsession for great customer experiences
- The ability to say No and help others understand Why
- Ability to collaborate and work in a distributed team across multiple time zones
- Team player who is eager to help others succeed
- Technical curiosity – Willingness to explore and learn new technologies, patterns, and practices
- Authorized and eligible to work in the U.S.
- Opportunities to work with the best, most experienced Scrum teams on the planet at the company led by Dr. Jeff Sutherland, the co-creator of Scrum
- Awesome colleagues who care about each other and the culture we’re co-creating
- Training for you to deepen your Scrum knowledge and background plus strong mentorship and opportunities to ensure your growth never ends
- Interesting global clients with complex problems who need our help to upskill, mobilize, and disrupt
- Generous pay and benefits (health, dental, vacation, retirement, etc.), professional development opportunities and company-based profit sharing
- Remote work: we work from everywhere and anywhere with numerous company gathering throughout the year to come together
In this role you will:
- Support the success of our existing customer base
- Assess why our existing online learning product with customer-validated value proposition and a high Net Promoter Score (NPS) has not gained more traction in the marketplace
- Develop a Go To Market strategy based on your research and relaunch existing product or launch new product/s
- Develop and help deliver an operating plan for achieving growth objectives including market share, revenue, profit, and return on investment for all the channels/categories of business and key customers
- Manage and implement marketing activities through research, strategic planning, and implementation
- Identify patterns in user problems and market opportunities to generate and prioritize the product backlog
- Identify and measure Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Manage a modest budget to test and evolve your strategy and product/market fit
- Build a business case for the team and investment you need to deliver your strategy
- Strive to grow product market share by working with sales to develop product sales strategies and enabling assets
- Lead product insight and business development conversations with our clients, potential clients and internal stakeholders
- Roll up your sleeves and get things done to deliver a high-quality customer experience
- Make decisions in circumstances with limited information
- Be the subject matter expert for the product and evolve and expand offerings based on data, market needs, and gaps
- Translate subject matter expertise into impactful online learning experiences
- Collaborate with fellow Product Owners to envision new, creative ways to positively impact the value we deliver to our customers and each other
There’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. Scrum Inc. is a place where everyone is encouraged to grow. So, don’t let perfect be the enemy of the good. If you match most but not all of this description and think you’ve got the right stuff, please apply!
Scrum, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to diversity. Our goal as a company is to help the entire world work better across cultures, countries, and industries. As a company, we believe that creating an open and inclusive environment that is welcoming to all is a key to achieving that goal.