Customer Experience Manager (remote)
Our mission at Scrum Inc. is to fundamentally change the way the world gets work done. We provide training, consulting, professional upskilling, and coaching to help companies create more productive and happier workplaces. Our customers range from individuals to start-ups to Fortune 50 companies who use Scrum to reinvent the way they deliver products, shape their organization, and drive stakeholder value.
Scrum Inc.’s Education team is looking for a cross-functional team member to help support our education and training program. Our ideal candidate is a talented, self-starting, detail-oriented rockstar who deeply cares about the experience of the customer. This cross-functional, customer focused position is primarily responsible for the business development and tactical execution of Scrum Inc.’s public training products. If you have at least 2 years of demonstrable experience as a can-do problem solver with a high level of emotional intelligence and the customer experience skills to match, you might be the unicorn we’re looking for.
In this role, you will engage the best and brightest from across many industries. You will focus on and develop customer service strategies for the entire customer journey; before people come to class, while they are in class, and after the class concludes. You will be responsible for identifying and building relationships with corporate clients to fundamentally understand their needs. You will have the opportunity to train alongside Scrum Inc.’s world-renowned thought leaders. This is a non-commissioned position that participates in company-wide profit sharing.
Interested in this job?
- 2+ years of account management, B2B sales, customer service and experience selling professional services into training departments
- Amazing presentation/public speaking, customer service, and networking skills – you are someone that people respect and trust
- Comfortability with responding to change. The ability to switch gears and step in when the team needs you to (co-training on the fly)
- Passion and a collaborative nature when it comes to working in a dynamic team environment. You’ll be part of a scrum team!
- Motivation and drive – a track record of taking initiative without needing constant guidance
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with everyone ranging from junior programmers to executives of Fortune 100 companies – either by phone, in person or in writing
- Great ideas and can bring new inspiration for ways to evolve our products
- Resilience. Throughout all aspects of your work, you will be able to drive focus back to the things that matter. You will push through when the going gets tough!
- You are a closer – you get things done
- You are a systems guru. You are comfortable with learning new systems and their user interfaces. (Salesforce, Arlo, Microsoft Office, Jira, Wiki, Mural, among other internal systems)
- Openness to learning. Cross-functionality is key.
- Opportunities to work with the most experienced Scrum teams and subject matter experts on the planet at the company founded by Dr. Jeff Sutherland, the co-creator of Scrum.
- Training for you to gain several Scrum credentials – Scrum Master, Scrum Product Owner and Scrum@Scale Practitioner – plus strong mentorship and opportunities to ensure your growth never ends.
- Interesting global clients and potential customers with complex problems who need our help to mobilize and disrupt.
- Opportunities for career growth, career exploration, and mentoring.
- A work environment that combines the best aspects of collaboration and autonomy.
- Generous pay and benefits (health, dental, vacation, retirement, etc.), professional development opportunities and company-based profit sharing.
- A great culture and awesome team members who care about each other.
What we would do together:
- Design and implement strategy to increase corporate business around our world-changing public training
- Proactively seek new leads and develop strategic business partnerships while strengthening our existing customer relationships and business
- Organize, prepare, execute, and iterate on our public classes
- Identify, launch and execute new Scrum Inc. training products
- Build connections and partnerships within some of the most interesting organizations on the planet
- Deliver an amazing customer experience for everyone we come into contact with – be it though sales and support inquiries, class happy hours, or out in the world
How we work:
- We do Scrum. We strive to live the Scrum values and to continuously improve as individuals, as teams and as a company. If you don’t know Scrum, we will train you.
- We work from anywhere and everywhere. Our website team consists of 3 people in 3 different states. Our main office is in Boston, but you are welcome to work from home, or in the office as you like.
- We work collaboratively. We encourage pairing and knowledge sharing via tools like Zoom, SalesForce, and Slack.
- We value happiness. We view the happiness of our team members as the primary leading indicator of team performance and prioritize it accordingly.
Scrum, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to diversity. Our goal as a company is to help the entire world work better across cultures, countries, and industries. As a company, we believe that creating an open and inclusive environment that is welcoming to all is key to achieving that goal.